Identification & Functionality
- Product Type
- Product Families
- Product Image
Features & Benefits
- Labeling Claims
- Ready-to-Use Product Features
- Product Highlights
The enhanced formulation of Millennium Hurricane Force® Universal Sealer Extreme delivers a tough, strong, cured material that withstands the most extreme roof-top conditions. Under severe tensile and shear forces typically experienced on commercial roof Installation, Millennium Hurricane Force® Universal Sealer Extreme provides long-term robust performance.
With a quick tack-free and cure time, Millennium Hurricane Force® Universal Sealer Extreme provides peace of mind that the roof penetration is fully cured and sealed literally within minutes of filling the pocket. Precision in-line mixing during dispensing starts the curing process immediately and the reactive/curing process is consistent across a wide temperature range even in humid conditions.
Millennium Hurricane Force® Universal Sealer Extreme offers very aggressive bonding properties to a wide-range of penetrations including steel, galvanized metal, copper and PVC. The aggressive bonding properties reduce the risk of delaminating from these demanding substrates even under fluctuating thermal and environmental changes experienced on the typical commercial roof.
- Key Attributes
Features Benefits Ready-to-use out of the box
Requires no messy premixing, reduces labor costs
Elastomeric, resilient material remains flexible
Robust performance under tensile and shear forces
Less sensitivity to environmental conditions
Excellent performance in hot, humid or cold temperatures
Solvent free, essentially VOC free
Suitable for use in VOC regulated regions
Excellent flow and selfleveling characteristics
Fills corners and crevices evenly without manual troweling
Applications & Uses
- Application Area
- Compatible Substrates & Surfaces
- Cure Method
- Basic Use
Millennium Hurricane Force® Universal Sealer Extreme is designed for use as an adhesive for bonding approved base sheets, vapor retarders and roof membranes to approved substrates. Millennium Hurricane Force® Universal Sealer Extreme is ideal for applications where hot asphalt or solvent based cold process adhesives cannot be used. Millennium Hurricane Force® Universal Sealer Extreme can also be used to adhere roof pedestals to SBS roof membrane.
- Approved Substrates
- Gravel surfaced built-up roofs
- Base sheets ( sanded or smooth surfaced)
- Smooth built-up roof surfaces
- Modified Bitumen (sanded or granule surfaced only)
- Metal panels
- Surface Preparation
All work surfaces should be clean, dry, and free of dirt, dust, debris, oils, loose and/or embedded gravel, un-adhered coatings, deteriorated membrane and other contaminants that may result in a surface that is not sound or is uneven. For applications on granule surfaced modified bitumen membranes, remove all loose granules from the surface of the membrane prior to installlling Millennium LPS.
When Hurricane Force® Universal Sealer Extreme is to be used in a Lockin’ Pocket® installed on a single ply membrane, the surface of the membrane must be prepared according to the single ply manufacturer’s recommendations. As a general guideline the following methods of surface preparation shall apply:
- EPDM: Clean with splice wash or surface cleaner and prime withmanufacturer’s EPDM primer
- TPO: Clean with surface cleaner and prime.
- Gravel BUR’s: Remove gravel surfacing down to plies.
For applications over existing weathered asphalt or coal tar pitch BUR, apply Millennium Universal Primer prior to the application of Hurricane Force® Universal Sealer Extreme. For applications over fresh and/or non-oxidized asphalt, coal tar or plastic film membranes, apply Millennium Surface Treatment prior to the application of Hurricane Force® Universal Sealer Extreme.
- Do not apply to wet or damp surfaces.
- Not intended for insulation attachment.
- Not to be used with torch down membranes or membranes with plastic films.
The fast and dependable One Step™ applicators make applying Millennium Hurricane Force® Universal Sealer Extreme simple:
- Millennium One Step™ Battery Powered Applicator
- Millennium One Step™ Pneumatic Single Bead Applicator
- Application Method
1. With a utility knife, remove the molded tips at the groove from the One Step™ mixing head.
2. Attach a One Step™ mixing nozzle to the threaded mixing head.
3. Place the cartridge into the appropriate One Step™ applicator.
4. IMPORTANT!: Dispense an initial amount of Millennium Hurricane Force® Universal Sealer Extreme into a waste container to ensure a proper mix, then diskard.
5. Apply Hurricane Force® Universal Sealer Extreme directly to the substrate. If needed, use a small trowel to work the material into the required opening or defect. CAUTION!: All substrates must be completely dry prior to the application of sealer.
6. When used as a penetration pan filler: When filling the Patented Millennium Lockin’ Pocket®* with Hurricane Force® Universal Sealer Extreme, the entire pocket must be filled, no grouts or fillers will be accepted. Approved pitch pans must be filled with a minimum of 2” (5.1cm) of Hurricane Force® Universal Sealer Extreme and in accordance with all of H.B. Fuller’s current application instructions. Penetrations must be prepared by wire brushing to remove loose cements, residual sealer, rust, or other contaminants. If pocket or penetration is damp prior to application, thoroughly dry or wipe with a solvent wipe or primer wipe and allow to dry before adding sealant.
7. Unused material can be applied at a later date by simply plugging the cartridges (with provided half moon plugs) and using a new One Step™ mixing nozzle.
*CA 2,546,049 C
Packaging & Availability
- Regional Availability
- Packaging and Coverage
Millennium Hurricane Force® Universal Sealer Extreme is available in the following package:
Cartridge Size Case Part # Cartridges/Case 1.5 Liter HF-UX15-04 4
When used as a penetration pan filler, one case of four (4) cartridges will yield approximately 367 cubic inches of filler.
Storage & Handling
- Storage Conditions
Keep temperature of contents between 65°F-85°F (18°C-29°C) 24 hours prior to use. Do not store in direct sunlight or temperatures higher than 90°F (32°C).