Identification & Functionality
- Product Type
- Product Families
Features & Benefits
- Ready-to-Use Product Features
Applications & Uses
- Application Method
- Compatible Substrates & Surfaces
- Application Instructions
Preparation of substrates:
- Surfaces to be bonded should be cleaned of all dust, oils or other contaminates. A solvent wipe is often adequate. Bonds to rigid surfaces are usually improved by a solvent wipe followed with light abrasion (180 grit), and solvent wiping to remove abrasive residue. Dry surfaces thoroughly before applying adhesive.
Cleaner and thinner: Toluene
Method of application:
- Apply one coat of adhesive by brush to one of the surfaces to be bonded. Join the surfaces when the adhesive is tacky to the touch but does not transfer to the finger. Use sufficient pressure to ensure good contact. Bonds can be made in 1 to 5 minutes, depending on ambient conditions and coating weight.
- The adhesive can be applied by knife coating, roll coating, and by reverse roll coating. For better adhesion and surface wet-out, the adhesive can be applied directly to the surface to be bonded. However, for better control of adhesive film thickness, coating onto release paper is recommended.
- Dry film thickness can vary from 1 to 10 mils, depending on the surface conditions of the substrate. After drying the adhesive on the release paper, the substrate should be laminated to the adhesive film and pressed or rolled between nip rollers to effect a transfer from the release paper to the substrate.
- Combined surfaces should be dried an additional 24 hours at room temperature prior to cutting or other operations. This will allow any remaining solvent to diffuse out and reduce flowing and gumming of cutting knives
- Soluble in
- Typical Properties
|Test Method / Conditions
|Viscosity (spindle 4, at 20 rpm)
|Weight per Gallon
|40 - 240
Regulatory & Compliance
- Certifications & Compliance
Safety & Health
- Precautionary Data
This product is extremely flammable. Vapors may form an explosive mixture with air. Precautions should be taken to keep product away from fire, sparks, motors and other sources of heat or flame. Turn off or deactivate any electrical equipment or sources of ignition. Adequate ventilation is required to keep vapor concentrations below the Threshold Limit Value.
- Keep away from children.
- Keep container closed when not in use
- Store closed container under 80°F.
- This product contains a toxic chemical subject to the reporting requirements of Section 313 of the Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Known act of 1986 and 40 CFR 372.