Identification & Functionality
- Chemical Family
- Product Type
- Product Families
Features & Benefits
- Ready-to-Use Product Features
- Product Features
- Soft and supple bondlines.
- One-part - Easy to use, no activator required.
- Fast tack - Parts can be wet mated or allowed dry and mated in high stress geometries.
- Color tint available - Aids in noting coverage and uniformity: standard color is white
- Equipment friendly - Uses standard one-part spray guns.
- Shear stability - Adhesive is not affected by normal shear forces generated by mechanical pumps or mixers.
Applications & Uses
- Application Method
- Compatible Substrates & Surfaces
- Hydra FAST-EN® DC-12623 will allow sprayed parts to be bonded within minutes after application of the adhesive to both mating surfaces.
- Parts can be handled immediately after mating. Foam tears can result within hours, but will depend upon the substrates bonded and ambient conditions. Higher temperatures, low humidity and good air circulation will accelerate bond development. Maximum strength is developed over 24 hours. It is within the 24-hour period that the residual water is dissipated.
- If repositioning is desired because of misalignment, the system accommodates this characteristic. Parts can be realigned prior to pressure mating of surfaces.
Hydra FAST-EN® DC-12623 can be color tinted to aid in the determination by the operator of the correct amount to be applied. Custom colors are available at no extra charge. The coverage rate needed to achieve the desired level of adhesion will need to be established for each particular application. This rate will depend on the substrate's surface texture and bonding properties. In the case of urethane open cell foam, average laydown to achieve immediate hold will depend upon foam properties such as density and compression.
The approximate single surface coverage of one gallon of adhesive when applied to polyurethane foam is:
Laydown Grams Wet per Sq. Ft. Approx. Sq. Ft. Coverage per Gallon High 10.4 390 Normal 8.3 490 Low 6.2 650
Once the coverage rates have been determined, color standards can be established and samples supplied to operators, which indicate the desired shade of color (i.e., blue) to be applied to the part. The color tint also aids the operator in determining if even coverage is being achieved.
Hydra FAST-EN® DC-12623 is compatible with many conventional and HVLP one-part spray gun systems. Laydowns and spray patterns are adjusted by fluid nozzle and needle selections and air pressure settings to achieve the effect desired. Atomizing air pressure should be adjusted to high settings (80 - 90 psi) for best performance. The air supply used must be consistent (no wide fluctuation in line pressures) and be oil free to achieve the best results.
- It is not necessary to clean the gun often. If the gun is to be used again within 16 to 24 hours, the gun can be left as is (with system pressurized) without any problems. It is recommended that the gun be cleaned every 5 days, or if it is not going to be used within 48 hours (i.e. over weekend).
- Clean up is easily accomplished using commercially available liquid detergent in a water solution. Tap water alone is not recommended for clean up.
- Typical Properties
|Test Method / Conditions
|Temperature Usage Range (Dried adhesive)
|- 50 - 200
|Viscosity (at 10 rpm, spindle 2)
|Weight per Gallon
Safety & Health
- Precautionary Data
- This product is nonflammable when wet
- For professional or industrial use only
- Use with adequate ventilation
- Keep away from children
- Keep container closed when not in use
- Keep from freezing
Storage & Handling
- Shelf Life
- 6 Months
- Disposal Information
- Do not reuse container or remove label.
- Safely dispose of container and contents in accordance with applicable Federal, State and Local regulations.
- Storage Conditions
The shelf life is applicable when the product is stored in between 40°F and 80°F in unopened containers.