Identification & Functionality
- Chemical Family
- Product Type
- Product Families
Features & Benefits
- Labeling Claims
- Ready-to-Use Product Features
- Product Features
- Fast, aggressive early tack - Parts can be mated immediately after spraying
- Delayed mating - If desired, parts can be mated as long as 10 minutes after spraying
- Various color tints available - Aids in noting coverage and uniformity: Standard color is blue
- Environmentally Friendly - Neither wet nor dry adhesive is considered a RCRA hazardous waste
- Equipment friendly - 2 parts are mixed external to the spray gun
- Shear stability - Part A and Part B are not affected by normal shear forces generated by mechanical pumps or mixers
- Bonding untreated PP on wet contact
- Usage temperature range: - 50 - 240°F
Applications & Uses
- Application Area
- Application Method
- Compatible Substrates & Surfaces
- Hydra FAST-EN® DC-12465 will allow sprayed parts to be bonded within seconds after application of the adhesive to both mating surfaces.
- Parts can be handled immediately after mating. Urethane foam tears can easily result within minutes but will depend upon the other type of substrate bonded. Maximum strength is developed within 24 hours. It is within the 24 hour period that the residual water is dissipated through the porous substrate.
- If repositioning is desired because of misalignment, the system accommodates this characteristic. Parts can be realigned prior to pressure mating of surfaces.
Hydra FAST-EN® DC-12465 is color tinted to aid in the determination by the operator of the correct amount to be applied. Custom colors are available at no extra charge. The coverage rate needed to achieve the desired level of adhesion will need to be established for each particular application. This rate will depend on the substrate's surface texture and bonding properties. In the case of open cell urethane foam, average laydown to achieve immediate holding power will depend upon foam properties such as density and compression and the other substrate (plastic, wood, closed cell foam, aluminum, etc.).
The approximate single surface coverage of one gallon of Part A with the correct ratio of Part B when applied to PU foam is:
Laydown Grams Wet per Sq. Ft. Approx. Sq. Ft. Coverage per Gallon Low 12.5 420 Normal 10.4 500 High 8.3 630
Once the coverage rates have been determined, color standards can be established and samples supplied to operators which indicate the desired shade of color (i.e., blue) to be applied to the part. The color tint also aids the operator in determining if even coverage is being achieved.
Hydra FAST-EN® DC-12465 (Part A) requires the use of DC-12239 as an activator (Part B). Part B flow rate should be adjusted to guarantee full conversion of Part A to a solid adhesive film. The following are recommended approximate mix ratios:
By Volume or Weight Viscosity DC-12465 Part A 100 Spray grade DC-12239 Part B 10 - 25 Water thin
These parameters are adjusted by air pressure settings to the required levels to achieve the effect desired. The air supply used must be consistent (no wide fluctuation in line pressures) and be oil free to achieve the best results using this system. Atomizing air pressures can be adjusted over a wide range to meet specific requirements.
Hydra FAST-EN® DC-12465 is compatible with several different external mix spray gun systems. These systems are designed to deliver Part A and B materials to the spray head via air pressure. Each part has its own pressure setting. Part B is delivered to the spray head and introduced to Part A external to the spray head, which minimizes spray head clogging problems.
- Since the mixed Part A and Part B are not in contact internal to the spray equipment, it is not necessary to clean the gun often. If the gun is to be used again within 16 to 24 hours, the gun can be left as is (with system pressurized) without any problems. It is recommended that the gun be cleaned every 5 days, or if it is not going to be used within 48 hours (i.e. over weekend).
- Clean up is easily accomplished using commercially available liquid detergent in a water solution. Tap water alone is not recommended for clean up.
- Component A
- Component B
|Test Method / Conditions
|Weight per Gallon
|Test Method / Conditions
|Weight per Gallon
Safety & Health
- Precautionary Data
- This product is nonflammable when wet
- For professional or industrial use only
- Use with adequate ventilation
- Keep away from children
- Keep container closed when not in use
- Keep from freezing
Packaging & Availability
- Regional Availability
Storage & Handling
- Shelf Life
- 6 Months (Component A), 12 Months (Component B)
- Disposal Information
- Do not reuse container or remove label.
- Safely dispose of container and contents in accordance with applicable Federal, State and Local regulations.
- Storage Conditions
The shelf life is applicable when the product is stored in between 40°F and 80°F in unopened containers.