Identification & Functionality
- Product Type
- Product Families
Features & Benefits
- Ready-to-Use Product Features
- Key Attributes
Features Benefits High-strength adhesive
Excellent long-term uplift performance
Approved for use down to 25°F
Extends the Roofing Season in cold climate regions
VOC content 200 g/l
Single formula approved for use in all VOC regulated markets
Excellent low temperature Spreadability
Easy to apply, saves labor
Tough green strength
Improved workability on vertical surfaces
Applications & Uses
- Application Method
- Compatible Substrates & Surfaces
- Basic Use
Millennium KEE/PVC Single-Ply Bonding Adhesive is designed for adhering KEE and PVC roofing membranes to wood, metal flashings, brick or block masonry, insulation, coverboards and barrier boards, and other acceptable substrates.
- Approved Substrates
- Metal flashings
- Brick or block masonry
- Other approved substrates
KEE and PVC.
- Surface Preparation
All surfaces to be adhered should be thoroughly dry, clean, and free of dust and loose debris. Membranes and substrates should be free of oil, grease, and other contaminants.
- Not for use on EPDM or TPO membranes.
- Not to be applied direct to expanded or extruded polystirene insulation.
- Do not apply to wet or damp surfaces.
- Do not apply when surface temperatures are below 25°F (-3.8°C).
- Solvent resistant paint roller
- Spray rigs designed to apply adhesives
- Commercially available adhesive dispensers
- Application Method
1. Thoroughly stir the adhesive before and during use. Do not use electric drills to mix the adhesive. Do not thin adhesive. Thinning will affect adhesive performance. The color should be consistent with no solids remaining on the bottom.
2. Millennium KEE/PVC Single-Ply Bonding Adhesive is a contact adhesive that needs to fully “flash-off” before the membrane and substrate surface are joined together. To ensure the adhesive flash-off time is approximately the same, apply the Bonding Adhesive to both surfaces in one application. Bonding Adhesive can be applied using a solvent resistant paint roller, spray rigs designed to apply adhesives or commercially available adhesive dispensers. If the adhesive is spray applied, it is recommended to roll the adhesive with a solvent resistant roller.
3. Position the membrane into place and allow adequate time for the membrane to relax.
4. “Barn Door” fold the membrane onto itself exposing the substrate and bottom of the membrane. Apply the adhesive in a uniform and consistent coat to both the substrate and the underside of the waterproofing membrane, avoiding puddles and light areas. Make sure not to apply bonding adhesive over areas which will be used to create field or flashing seams.
5. Allow the adhesive to fully flash-off and become tacky. Using the finger- push method, check the adhesive by applying pressure with a finger to the adhesive while pushing across the adhesive. Note: the adhesive must be completely dry before mating the membrane with the substrate. Covering wet adhesive and trapping solvent between the membrane and substrate may result in blistering and other surface defects.
6. After adequate flash-off time, roll the membrane onto the adhesive coated substrate and immediately brush the membrane with a stiff bristle broom to ensure maximum contact.
- Physical Properties
|Test Method / Conditions
|Solids Content (by weight)
|21 - 27
|Viscosity (Spindle 2, at 20°C)
|500 - 2,000
|Coverage (of bonded surface)
|45 - 60
|10 - 30
|Working Temperature Range
|25 - 90
Safety & Health
- Safety Information
Do not use in a confined space or around heat, flame or sparks. Prevent fumes from entering building via air ventilation ducts. Avoid breathing adhesive vapors. Wear safety glasses or goggles to prevent contact with eyes. Wear gloves that meet ANSI/ISEA 105- 2005 to protect when applying adhesive. Keep out of the reach of children. Read Safety Data Sheet for complete safety information before use.
Packaging & Availability
- Regional Availability
- Packaging and Coverage
Millennium KEE/PVC Single-Ply Bonding Adhesive is available in the following package:
Pails Size Part # Pails/Pallet 5 Gallon (18.9L) 15271-P35A 45
A coverage rate of 45 to 60 sq. ft. of finished roof, per gallon, should be expected. Coverage rates will vary depending upon the type of substrate and substrate surface. Some substrates are more porous and will absorb more adhesive resulting in a lower coverage rate. Other substrates have smooth dense facers resulting in a higher coverage rate. Coverage rates are based on applications using a 3/8 inch solvent based paint roller cover.
- Packaging Information
7.1 (0.85) lbs. shipped in 5 gal. pails
Storage & Handling
- Shelf Life
- 12 Months
- Storage Conditions
- Store in original unopened containers at temperatures between 60°F and80°F.
- When stored in cooler temperatures, allow material to warm to room temperature before using.
- Do not allow material to be stored in direct sunlight.
- Rotate stock. Do not use product past 12 month shelf life.
Shelf Life Conditions
- When stored in original unopened containers at temperatures between 60°F (15.6°C) and 80°F (26.7°C), a shelf life of 12 months can be expected.
- The expected shelf life can be shortened if product is stored in temperatures exceeding recommended storage levels.