Identification & Functionality
- Accessories & Parts
- Product Families
Features & Benefits
- Labeling Claims
- Equipment Features
- Features and Benefits
- Reduced labor costs given the highly automated process
- Overall higher quality and more durable insulating glass (IG)
- Excellent energy performance
- Low moisture vapor transmission rate
- High flexibility
- Long service life
- Manufacturing Advantages
- Simplified inventory and logistics
- Reduced amount of machinery required
- Simplified production
- Efficient floor space utilization
- Reduced scrap
- Savings in material costs
- Design Functionality
- The patented formulation chemically bonds to glass and silicone secondary sealant. There is no spacer migration, and it has a higher temperature stability than standard insulating glass with PIB in addition to an increased resistance to incompatible glazing conditions. Its migration resistance is proven through extensive laboratory testing.
- The invisible thermoplastic spacer system ultimately results in a more visually appealing insulating glass, creating a harmonious connection between glass and frame. Additionally, the auto-adjusting application provides unparalleled flexible design freedom and triple glazing manufacturing precision.
- Chadstone Shopping Centre in Melbourne, Australia is the largest shopper center in the southern hemisphere. Its 260 meter glass roof was created with 4SG reactive thermoplastic spacer.
Applications & Uses
- Application Area
- Compatible Substrates & Surfaces
Regulatory & Compliance
- Reglatory Information
Ködispace 4SG is certified to ASTM E2188/E2189/E2190 standards, and it is included on the IGCC/IGMA list of Reviewed Spacers and Integrated Spacer Systems. It fulfills the requirements of the EN 1279-2 and EN 1279-3 European standards, and after five cycles, the dew point remained below -40°C, the max Iav was 12 percent, and the gas content was still greater than 85 percent.
Additionally, based on our testing, the life expectancy of 4SG is greater than 40 years.
Packaging & Availability
- Regional Availability