Identification & Functionality
- Chemical Family
- Product Type
- Product Families
Features & Benefits
- Labeling Claims
- Ready-to-Use Product Features
- Key Attributes
- Unique applicator and sealant formula assures complete, even edge sealing.
- Fast and easy to use - Labor saving all-in-one package with dauber top and screw off cap makes a fast, easy job of mirror edge sealing.
- Fast drying - Dries clear. Will not yellow or crack over time.
- Safe - Non-flammable. No noxious odor.
- Economical - One 4 oz bottle will cover 20,000 linear inches of mirror edge. Sealed container with dauber minimizes product evaporation and waste.
- Convenience and quality - Can be applied with mirror flat on cutting table with no running, spilling, or wasteful overspray. Careful quality control assures consistent quality of formula proven compatible with mirror backing.
Applications & Uses
- Application Area
- Compatible Substrates & Surfaces
- Application Instructions
- Clean any contaminants from the edges of the mirror with a mixture of alcohol and water or denatured alcohol.
- DO NOT SHAKE THE EDGE SEALER. This is unnecessary and may cause unwanted air bubbles.
- Use at 60°F or above. DO NOT FREEZE.
- Remove cap and protective plug. Attach dauber to the bottle and pat on a solid surface to saturate tip.
- Position wide part of applicator flat against back of mirror with the narrow part up against the edge. With the bottle perpendicular to the mirror back, draw it smoothly along the surface to be sealed. For longer edges gently squeeze bottle for a continuous flow.
- Allow about 2 to 3 minutes to dry, depending on temperature and humidity.
- Replace cap after use to increase life of dauber.
Other precautions to help prevent black edge:
- Use clean gloves when handling mirror.
- When edging mirror do not back cut or seam the silver side. This exposes more copper and silver.
- Don’t let the mirror edge become overheated. This affects the adhesion of the protective mirror backing.
- Clean and thoroughly dry mirror edges after fabrication.
- Avoid common household and glass cleaners as many contain vinegar or ammonia harmful to mirror backing. Use only an approved and tested mirror cleaner such as Gunther Mirror & More® Cleaner.
Packaging & Availability
- Packaging Type
- Regional Availability
4 oz bottle with dauber